If you didn’t know already I am working with the Mitchell Family at Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery. They have some of the best wines coming out of Essex County and their stunning property overlooks Lake Erie. This saturday March 1st, from 12pm to 5PM, they are one of a number of wineries hosting March Macness. March Macness is day of friendly competition, Gourmet Mac & Cheese and great local wine. For a $20 ticket you receive a four ounce sample of Mac & Cheese and a 2 ounce sample of wine at each of the 10 participating wineries*, and at the end of the day you get to pick the winner. As of the time I am posting this 103 tickets remain and they are going fast. So jump on this unique opportunity to tour Sprucewood Shore Estate Winery for the first time or to come back, shoot some hoops, have a great snack and drink some of the award winning wine. Get your tickets here!
Here is the recipe winemaker Tanya Mitchell is using courtesy of This Gal Cooks. **
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 C white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 C parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 C diced pancetta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the pancetta until just crispy. Set aside (reserve the grease as well)
- Melt the butter in a large pan or pot
- Whisk in the flour
- Whisk in the heavy cream, milk and sour cream, individually
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and well blended. Whisk if needed.
- Gradually add the shredded cheddar and shredded parmesan cheese
- Add the white wine vinegar (this prevents the cheese from becoming stringy)
- Add the chopped rosemary, pancetta and pancetta grease and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the elbow macaroni and the cheese sauce and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
* Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery, D’Angelo Estate Winery, Colio Estate Winery, Colchester Ridge Estate Winery, Cooper’s Hawk, Muscedere Vineyards, Viewpoint Estate Winery, Oxley Estate Winery, Pelee Island Winery, North 42 Degrees Winery.
** Hungry yet?
*** Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery can be found at 7258 County Road 50 West, Amherstburg, ON N0R 1G0, Canada
**** Also while you’re at it go to Sprucewood’s Facebook Page and give them a “Like”